The task for Thing 4 has definitely been the most time consuming! It is fun to play with the pictures and create, but the trouble I am having is getting them posted on my blog with my reflection. I have saved each of the pictures...one found on Flickr of a Texas Horned Lizard and the other I created from a picture of my kids. However, I have no idea how to get them to appear with my comments! I am just kind of taking a shot in the dark here because I feel like I am going in circles getting this "thing" completed! I had no trouble at all getting the photo of my kids shared on my facebook page, but this blog is another story. I'm not sure that I would have the time to surf Flickr for classroom options. I have been working on this for 2 hours already and feel like I have not accomplished much. This task has been most beneficial to me for personal reasons, such as creating cool frames and such for pictures of my kids. I am going to try to attach the pictures a third time and hope they don't show up three times! Before I attached the pictures before blogging and mabye that is where I was going wrong.
I chose the pictures I did for this assignment because my students and I do a big research project with TPWD after the TAKS test assessing the Texas Horned Lizard population from year to year. I obviously chose the other picture because my children are my life! :O)
I did not know about the Creative Commons license prior to this assignment and feel that is very important to share with my students. I see them using this tool on their facebook pages already, so it will definitely be something to share with them when we return.
Flickr will also be a fun tool to use for PowerPoint assingments to add interesting images to. I will probably use pictures from Flickr in the classroom mostly for making my PowerPoints more exciting for my students to look at during lecture, since I use them often.
Monday, July 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment